My Time, Our Place: Framework for School Age Care in Australia
The aim of this document is to extend and enrich children’s well being and development in school age care settings.
The framework conveys the highest expectations for all children’s play and leisure activities in school age care settings. It communicates these expectations through the following five outcomes:
- children have a strong sense of identity
- children are connected with and contribute to their world
- children have a strong sense of well being
- children are confident and involved learners
- children are effective communicators
The framework is designed to inspire conversations, improve communication and provide a common language about children’s play, leisure and learning among children themselves, their families, the broader community, school age care educators and other professionals.
For further information, please see www.deewr.gov.au/earlychildhood.