Morning tea- French toast with homemade jam and fruit
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• ABC and letter recognition
Miss Thea then prepared children for next year by explaining what will happen when we come back to kindy next year. Miss Thea then read the book ‘This is a ball’, this book drives the children crazy! It’s a lot of fun to read.
We then introduced todays activity, number Christmas themed colour by number. This was great for colour and number recognition. Miss Thea demonstrated how to complete this activity for the children interested.
Before lunch, the children did some dancing with Miss Roya and Miss Amy. They danced to Christmas music and shook all their sillies out!
Inside children were given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
Today we focused on following children’s interests:
– Home corner- (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Doll house (imaginary, creativity, dramatic play, communication)
– Connecting blocks (colour recognition, social, coordination, imagination, creativity)
– Space building set (cognitive, creativity, imagination, coordination)
– Legos (creativity, coordination, fine motor)
– Colour by numbers Christmas themed, supervised by Miss Thea (creativity, cognitive, hand-eye coordination, fine motor, concentration)
– Gem puzzle (problem solving, coordination, cognitive, patience)
– Cutting (fine motor, social, concentration, coordination)
Everyone was also able to have a play in the kindergarten yard this morning for a short time.
Gymnastics: Range, Fynlee, Matilda, Elijah, Angelina,
Arakan: everyone participated
Information for parents:
Please let us know when your child’s last day will be, thanks.
Merry Christmas to everyone who has finished up, we hope you have a safe Christmas and a happy new year!