Morning tea- fruits with chocolate slice
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• ABC and letter recognition
Miss Thea Elaina’s book, thanks for sharing! The children then sang along to some Christmas songs, followed by watching a 5 min Christmas clip.
Before lunch, we did some silly dancing! We danced to ‘Santa shark’, ‘Crazy frog’ and ‘The Wiggles’. We then sat on the mat and read the books ‘Room on the Broom’ and ‘Seven more sleeps’.
Lunch – Hamburgers with vegetables
Inside children were given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
Today we focused on following children’s interests:
– Home corner- (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Cubby house (dramatic play, communication, imagination)
– Connecting blocks, space blocks. These have been very popular with everyone (colour recognition, social, coordination, imagination, creativity)
– Bird food in the sensory trough, adding cups, bowls, spoons and ladles (social, sensory, creativity, fine motor)
– Legos (creativity, coordination, fine motor)
– Christmas colouring in (creativity, cognitive, hand-eye coordination, fine motor, concentration)
Information for parents:
Just a reminder that we are closing on Thur
sday at 2:00pm.
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR XX.