| Good Afternoon families 😊|
We are so excited to play outdoors this morning while the sun is shining so we took advantage of the weather conditions and explore in the Babies outdoor play area with the Educators and Babies 1
· The foam obstacle course was popular activity for the children to walk up and down the steps, climb or crawl up and over to reach the other side of the obstacle with minimal supervision.
· The outdoor quiet area set up with various puzzles, story books with dolls was ideal for the children to settle in their classroom area.
· Various bikes and walkers were optional for the children to learn gross motor skills
· Social skills engage and interact with the Educators on arrival at the Centre.
|After nappy time and before each mealtime we sing top and bottom our hand wash song and wash their hands either in the small sink in the bathroom or with baby wipes. (TI)|
|After Morning Tea, Miss Rose asked the children to join her on the mat for today’s lesson to begin with our Good Morning (tune to Happy Birthday) and Days of the Week (tune to Munsters) Songs.|
The Good Morning and Days of the Week songs is the taught throughout all the classes within Benowa Hills Early Learning Centre.
Miss Rose read the book “Spot loves his Grandpa” is a familiar story for the children and they are able to identify the characters of the story.
– Craft Activity – Hand painting forming the picture of the shape of a tree using the colours Orange, Brown and Green paint. Miss Rose painted their hand with these colours and placed their hand onto the white paper. This activity is based on the season “Autumn” as yesterday they were learning about the rain.
Home Corner – All the children enjoyed role play in this area, identify food and pretending to cook and share the foods in the kitchen.
Puzzle solving – Identify and recognise shapes, numbers and colours
Construction Blocks – Making a tower with the wooden blocks placing one upon each other.
Automobiles and car mat – Educators engage in play and singing the wheels on the bus or car goes round and round.
Quiet area – This is another area where the children can relax, look at the books selected for the children age group. Miss Iona and Miss Jess read story books to the children and quiet toys available for them to play.
Social connection and building relationship with the Educators and with their peers.
The children had enjoyed their day through play, communication and learning.
Have a wonderful Wednesday Babies Two Families
Miss Rose & Miss Iona
|Our babies slept in the cot room or out in the quiet area, in babies 1. The light is very low and natural, there is sleeping and relaxing music playing for them all the time and they educators checked them every ten minutes. Each child has its own routine and we follow each child’s needs at all the time.|