Morning tea- Crackers, Sunflower spread, Cereal, bananas
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song.
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• Colour recognition
• Revising our shapes
Miss Gillian has talked about today’s activities which is making a easter bunny face with paper plates. Miss Remi showed them how to make it. Everyone has engaged this activity to show their great fine motor-skills; put on glue with their brush, placed some cotton balls, eyes and nose on their plate.
Dance and Action songs; freeze song, let’s go swimming, Mr Clickety cane, who stole the cookie from a cookie jar. Miss Rose and Miss Gillian were dancing with children.
Lunch – Quesaailla, various vegetables and cheese
Inside, the children are given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
The activities available today were:
– Home corner, the children can play with toy food, babies, cots, phones, vacuum, microwave, kettle, café area, doll house, dress up – (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Book corner (Self soothing, letter/colour recognition, social)
– Lego and construction blocks, the children enjoyed sitting with Miss Rose to create their own castles! – (creative, social, sharing, fine motor)
– The children were able to explore cold blue playdough, supervised by Miss Remi. The children were able to explore the playdough using popsicle sticks, cookie cutters, corks and shapes. (Fine motor, sensory, following direction, creativity, social, communication, imaginative)
– Rainbow rice in our sensory tray, using the colours pink, yellow, green and blue. The children were able to explore this with cups, scoops and bowls. We find this activity very popular, the children seem to calm down when exploring the rice.(sensory, social, communication, fine motor, colour recognition)
Arakan with Mr Dan: everyone participated in this except the gymnastic children.
Gymnastics: Finn, Abbi, Emmy, Lazar, George, Joseph, Tianna
Outside the children had a nice play, they were able to explore from:
– Cubby houses (dramatic play, social, communication)
– Free play outside (decision making, extending upon the child’s own interests)
– Balancing beam and climbing bars (coordination, physical, balancing, fine and gross motor)
– Water play at the water pump (Creativity, social, sensory, imagination)
– Water painting, using the colours red, green, blue and yellow. Supervised by Miss Elizabeth. Everyone was welcomed to paint some buntings; they will be used for our Easter party! (creative, imagination, social, sharing, communication)
– Wooden puzzles with animals and shapes (fine motor, social, co-ordination, concentration)
– Rubber band board with rubber bands, encouraging shape recognition (fine motor, concentration, shape recognition, social, Trial and error)
– Book area, providing a quiet area for the children to relax. We added our group time mat and some sensory bottles to encourage a quiet moment. (letter, colour and shape recognition, relaxing, social, communication)