|Morning tea– French toast, fruit and homemade jam!|
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
- Good morning song
- Days of the week
- Counting and number recognition
- ABC and letter recognition
Miss Thea started off by encouraging the children to sing Happy Birthday to Mylene! Thanks for bringing in cupcakes to share with everyone! Yum
We then talked about our Christmas party yesterday, the children had a lot of lovely things today.
We finished up our group time by singing ‘Big and small’ and ‘If your happy and you know it’.
Before lunch, the children were very lucky and were able to watch a short, animated Christmas story! It was called ‘Rudolph the red nosed reindeer’.
Lunch – quesadillas with vegetables
Inside children were given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
Today we focused on following children’s interests:
– Home corner- (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Cubby house (dramatic play, communication, imagination)
– Water play, adding bubbles, blue food colouring and toys to wash. Supervised by Miss Roya. (Fine motor, creative, social, imaginative, colour recognition)
– Sensory coloured rice (problem solving, hand-eye coordination, fine motor, sensory)
– Cutting, supervised by Miss Thea (fine motor, social, imagination, creativity, cognitive)
– Building set (coordination, fine motor, imagination, creativity, social, colour recognition)
– Christmas colouring in (pencil grip, colour recognition, hand-eye coordination, fine motor, social, creativity)
– Reading (language, social, storytelling, imagination)
No gymnastics or Arakan today
Information for parents:
If your child is unwell, please keep them at home to stop the spreading of more germs. Thanks
Please be mindful of sending your child in sun safety clothes, such as shirts with sleeves.
Miss Thea and Miss Roya