|Morning tea– Jelly, Yoghurt & Variety Fruit salad|
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
· Good morning song
· Days of the week
· Counting and number recognition
· Colour recognition/ rainbow song
· Going over our classroom rules
At morning group. Miss Thea revised over the colours of the Rainbow which the children are familiar with as we have a Rainbows displayed in the Pre Kindy classroom. They sang the Rainbow song really well “Congratulations Pre Kindy” for your wonderful singing.
A big Happy birthday to Aria, thanks so much for sharing ice -cream cones!!
Miss Thea read the Book “Monkey and I” this is one of the Pre-kindy popular book that we have read to the children.
The children enjoyed Arakan with Mr Dan learning about self defence skills.
Miss Thea read another book regarding about “Feelings” called When I’m feeling Happy.
Lunch – Lentils, Organic Nacho chips, various vegetables
|Inside, the children are given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.|
This week we will continue to focus on the children and getting to know everyone, making sure to build bonds and to make everyone feel welcomed:
– Home corner, the children can play with toy food, babies, cots, phones, vacuum, microwave, kettle, café area, doll house, dress up and even have a tea party! – (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Sensory play, waterplay. Adding green food colouring, bubbles, spoons, bowls, cups supervised by Miss Thea (sensory, social, fine motor, sharing)
– Drawing with textas (fine motor, imagination, creativity, colour recognition, grasp skill)
– Legos explored with Jess (creativity, coordination, fine motor)
– Space construction– (creative, fine motor, social, hand eye co- ordination)
– Train tracks – (creative, fine motor, social, hand eye co-ordination)
– Road track with cars (creative, imagination, teamwork, fine motor, hand eye co-ordination)
– Musical instrument (creative, fine motor, memory, social)
– Alphabet threading with Miss Rose– (fine motor, colours and letter recognition, recognising their own names)