Morning tea- Baked beans in tomato soup with Turkish bread
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song.
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• Colour recognition
• Revising our shapes
This morning Miss Thea started off by reading Jai’s book called ‘Spot loves school’. This lead to a group discussion about the children’s favourite activities/ or toys are.
We then introduced our new teach Miss Remi!
As a transition to morning tea, we sang our washing hands song, reminding the children to use one pump of soap and one paper towel.
Before lunch, Miss Remi did a group time! Miss Remi introduced herself and asked children to say their name as well. After that, we sang some songs and read a Jack and the Beanstalk.
Lunch –Rice, tuna, vegetables and seaweed crackers
Inside, the children are given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
The activities available today were:
– Home corner, the children can play with toy food, babies, cots, phones, vacuum, microwave, kettle, café area, doll house, dress up – (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Book corner (Self soothing, letter/colour recognition, social)
– Lego and construction blocks, the children enjoyed sitting with Miss Rose to create their own castles! – (creative, social, sharing, fine motor)
– The children were able to explore cold blue playdough, supervised by Miss Remi. The children were able to explore the playdough using popsicle sticks, cookie cutters, corks and shapes. (Fine motor, sensory, following direction, creativity, social, communication, imaginative)
– Rainbow rice in our sensory tray, using the colours pink, yellow, green and blue. The children were able to explore this with cups, scoops and bowls. We find this activity very popular, the children seem to calm down when exploring the rice.(sensory, social, communication, fine motor, colour recognition)
Arakan with Mr Dan: everyone participated in this except the gymnastic children.
Gymnastics: Finn, Abbi, Emmy, Lazar, George, Joseph, Tianna
Information for parents:
Please apply sunscreen before arriving to kindy in the morning, if you have forgotten there is sunscreen available on top of the lockers outside the classroom. Thanks!
Don’t forget about our Easter party! Wednesday the 31st March, from 3:30-4:30pm at the Benowa park (Located down the hill from the centre)
Thanks, have a great weekend!
Miss Thea, Rosa, Remi