Morning tea- apple rice cakes with fruits
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• ABC and letter recognition
We then all welcomed to our new friend ‘Eden’. Children all made sure that Eden will feel welcomed today by asking her to join in play and share toys with her. The children were shown the jack- o- lantern that they helped to make. We have placed it inside for the children to investigate. They were also reminder to be mindful with our Jack-o-lanterns. To finish our group time we listened to our pumpkin song “Five little pumpkins”
Before lunch, we read the story ‘Happy Hippo’, this lead to a group discussion about how we can help friends feel happy.
Lunch – vegie pizza with vegetables
The children were able to continue exploring their sensory, social and fine motor development.
They were able to choose from:
– Train and train tracks- (fine motor, social, communication, creative, hand eye- co-ordination)
– Home corner- (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative)
– Bark trough with bugs, sieves and large spoons. (sensory, creativity, fine motor, coordination, imagination, social)
– Puzzles – (problem solving, hand-eye coordination, fine motor, communication)
– Hallowing colouring in (cognitive, fine motor, pencil grasp skill, creativity, social)
– Velcro balls and target – (gross motor, coordination, memory, social)
– Halloween painting – making monsters supervised by Miss Sana. The children were given paper cups to paint, creating the base of their monsters. (cognitive, creativity, fine motor, colour recognition)
– Pegs and peg boards (creativity, fine motor, coordination, concentration)
– Rubber band board and rubber bands – (Shape recognition, colours, social, fine motor and creative)
Portrait photos taker today: Eden, Elijah, Matilda
Gymnastics: Matilda, Angelina, Range, Elijah, Lucia, Fynlee, Chloe, Eden
Information for parents:
HALLOWEEN DRESS UP DAY ON THURSDAY 29TH OCTOBER. Don’t forget to come dress up!
Have a lovely weekend!
Thea and Sana xx