Morning tea – raisin bread with jam, blueberries and strawberries.
Morning group –
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• Identifying today’s weather.
Today is international friendship day, and to celebrate we all played games together. The children all had their listening ears on while they listened to the rules of the game/ songs. The children made a great big circle and we sang while doing the actions of the song ‘Ring around a rosie’.
We then danced together and sang the song ‘Hokey Pokey’. The children were all laughing, showing great big smiling faces!
We then ended with a game called “Who’s under the blanket”. One child closes their eyes, while another child hides under a blanket in the middle of the circle. The child with their eyes closed must guess who is under the blanket.
Before lunch, we headed outside for a quick run around and play. We then came back inside to read Matilda’s book before making our beds.
Lunch – roasted chicken and vegetables.
Today as children were busy playing, Miss Thea and Miss Sana upgraded the home corner with some super exciting toys and equipment. We now have a new play shop café, new home corner toys, dress ups and a new super fun environment decorated for children to explore.
Indoor activities offered were:
– Home corner (dramatic play and social skills)
– Train set and trains (Fine motor, concentration and hand eye co-ordination).
– Construction area with Legos, roads and wooden blocks – (fine motor, hand eye coordination, social and sharing)
– Who’s under the blanket game (role modelling, social, taking turns, memory and socialising)
– Book corner (Language)
– Connectors (colour recognition, creativity, construction)
Arakan with Mr Dan – Mia, Termeh, Toranj, Matilda, Theodore, Angelina, Lola, Chloe, Lucia, Elijah, Honey
Outdoor activities available:
– Lego, connecting blocks and wooden blocks (problem solving, coordination, creativity)
– Cubby house building using large squares and triangle connecting blocks (creativity, gross motor, hand eye- co-ordination)
– Cubby houses (dramatic play, social, communication)
– Sandpit (construction, imagination, creativity, social)
– Free play outside (decision making, extending upon interests)
Have a lovely weekend!!
Thea and Sana