Morning tea- fruit with homemade jam
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• Colour recognition/ rainbow song
• Going over our classroom rules
This morning we listened so well to Miss Thea as we went over our classroom rules. Such as sitting with our legs crossed hands in our laps, listening ears and packing away. We will slowly introduce more classroom rules to encourage independence. The children are now able to pack away and stack their chairs independently after meals!
We then read Jai’s book ‘That’s not my cow’. Thanks for sharing!
Before lunch, we did some dancing with Miss Thea and Miss Rose. We shook our sillies out to Hot potato, Baby shark, Open Shut them and Dance freeze. We then sat down to listen to our rainbow song, encouraging colour recognition. After we read the stories ‘Brown bear Brown bear’ and ‘The cuddliest hug’.
Miss Thea then explained to the children how we are all going to try and make our own beds today!
Lunch – quesadillas and vegetables
Inside, the children are given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
Today we focused on the children and getting to know everyone, making sure to build bonds and to make everyone feel welcomed:
– Home corner, the children can play with toy food, babies, cots, phones, vacuum, microwave, kettle, café area, doll house, dress up and even have a tea party! – (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Sensory play, our indoor sand pit. Adding some water, shovels, bowls, cups and animals (sensory, social, fine motor, sharing)
– Animals – (Social, sharing, imagination
– Legos (creativity, coordination, fine motor)
– Pink playdough! The children were able to make some pink playdough on Wednesday, each week we will make another colour of the rainbow encouraging colour recognition. (creativity, cognitive, hand-eye coordination, fine motor, concentration, colour recognition)
– Space construction – (creative, fine motor, social, hand eye co- ordination)
– Train tracks – (creative, fine motor, social, hand eye co-ordination)
|Arakan with Mr Dan: Finn, Chen yi, Ashton, Leila, George, Mason, Apollon, Joseph, Emmy, Saxon, Tianna, Adam, Sua, Michael, Aria, Xavier|
Information for parents:
Just a reminder to please write all your child’s name on all their belongings to avoid losing or confusing items. Just a reminder that all children need bed sheets, even if they don’t sleep. This it to encourage bed making and ownership. Thank you
Thanks for a great day! Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
Miss Thea and Miss Rose