Morning tea- Fruit, custard and granola
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song.
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• Colour recognition
• Revising our shapes
This morning, we sang a morning song, weather song and discussed about the weather. They felt some wind this morning and they loved it. After that, we talked about ANZAC day and they have learned poppy. Then, we moved to outdoor to have free play.
As a transition to morning tea, Children went to bathroom by bouncing because Jai brought a beautiful book about Bouncing.
Before lunch, Mr Lachie read a book to children. ‘We are going on a bear hunt’. Children showed great concentration on his book.
Lunch – Quesaailla, various vegetables and cheese
Inside, the children are given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
The activities available today were:
– Home corner, the children can play with toy food, babies, cots, phones, vacuum, microwave, kettle, café area, doll house, dress up – (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Book corner (Self soothing, letter/colour recognition, social)
– Lego and wooden construction blocks. It was great to see that the children are still interested in these toys, creating whatever they could think of. It lovely to see small groups of children sitting together while building, they talk to each other and compare their creations. – (creative, social, sharing, fine motor)
– The children were able to make red playdough, supervised by Miss Rowena. The children were enjoyed pouring and mixing them one by one. (Fine motor, sensory, following direction, creativity, social, communication, imaginative)
– Blue and Pink sand in our sensory tray. The children were able to explore this with cups, scoops and bowls. We find this activity very popular, the children seem to calm down when exploring the rice.(sensory, social, communication, fine motor, colour recognition)
Gymnastics: Viaan, Sua, Ashton, Adam, Sophia, Raphael,