Happy Monday everyone.
Morning tea- cake with fruits
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• ABC and letter recognition
Miss Sana then encouraged children to participate in group time by asking them to share what they enjoyed on the weekend. We then discussed bad germs and how to prevent getting them in our bodies. Miss Sana also demonstrate the proper way of washing hands by the help of children singing the ‘washing hand song’ (children will be reminded to wash their hands many times today, supervised by the educators). The group time was finished by revising our classroom rules as we must play inside all day due to the wet weather.
Before lunch, children sat with Mr Pete and enjoyed listening to books such as ‘when I’m feeling lonely’, ‘when i’m feeling kind’ and ‘poop powered Christmas’.
Lunch – vegetable nuggets with roasted vegetables
Inside children were given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
Today we focused on following children’s interests:
– Home corner- (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Cubby house (dramatic play, communication, imagination)
– Connecting blocks (colour recognition, social, coordination, imagination, creativity)
– Train track set (social, creativity, hand-eye coordination, fine motor, imagination)
– Pegs and peg boards (colour recognition, coordination, imagination, creativity)
– Straw connectors (cognitive, fine motor, concentration, hand-eye coordination, creativity)
– Cutting with scissors (grip skill, fine motor, concentration, cognitive, coordination)
Gymnastics: Hendrix, Zavier, Warren, Luca, Amelia, Flynn
Information for parents:
If your child is unwell, please keep them at home to stop the spreading of more germs. Thanks
Please be mindful of sending your child in sun safety clothes, such as shirts with sleeves.
Thanks friends for a great start of the week.