Morning tea- Porridge and yogurt
This morning, Miss Gillian talked about ANZAC day and we said ‘Acknowledgement Country’. Children has learned some Aboriginal words. Then, we sang a song ’Waltzing Matilda’. They loved this song and asked Miss Jess again and again.
As a transition to morning tea, Children moved to bathroom to wash their hands by marching like a soldier.
Before lunch, Mr Lachie created his own story by using puppets about ‘friendship ‘. Children were so excited to hear his story.
Lunch – Lentil meat and roasted veggie
Inside, the children are given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
The activities available today were:
– Home corner, the children can play with toy food, babies, cots, phones, vacuum, microwave, kettle, café area, doll house, dress up – (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Painting with Red colour to make a poppy, children engaged to paint it by using their brush proudly. (creative, social, sharing, fine motor)
– Cutting paper with scissors, children displayed good fine motor skills. (fine motor, hand eye co-ordination, sharing, concentration, independence)
– Making poppies by using PVA glue, children applied a black circle paper on their paper plates. (sensory, social, communication, fine motor, colour recognition)
– Blue and Pink sand in our sensory tray. The children were able to explore this with cups, scoops and bowls. The children seem to calm down when exploring the rice. (sensory, social, communication, fine motor, colour recognition)
– Book corner (Self soothing, letter/colour recognition, social)
– Lego and wooden construction blocks. It was great to see that the children are still interested in these toys, creating whatever they could think of. It lovely to see small groups of children sitting together while building, they talk to each other and compare their creations. – (creative, social, sharing, fine motor)
Gymnastics: Sophia, Raffi, Viaan, Adam, Sua, Mack, Ashton