Information for parents:
Portrait photos this week!
If you have a special request or an outfit change or particular day you would prefer your child to have their photo taken please let us know.
Good evening everyone. Here is how our day was spent in Kindy:
Morning tea- rice crackers with fruits, cheese and sultanas
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• ABC and letter recognition
Children then started talking about their costumes, who they are today and their reason for choosing to wear that costume. Miss Sana then explained what children will be experiencing today, talked about taking portrait photos today and discuss appropriate behaviours expected. The group time was finished by reading Matilda’s book called ‘snow white and the seven dwarfs’, Liam’s book called ‘Toy story’ and Lucia’s book called ‘the gingerbread man’. Thanks, friends, for sharing your book with us,
Before lunch, children sat with Miss Mackenzie where they enjoyed listening to a book called ‘lifetimes’. Followed by a quick meditation session where children practiced deep breathing.
Lunch – nachos with chips and salad
Whilst Miss Sana was taking group of children to have their photos taken, the rest enjoyed exploring following activities:
– Train and train tracks- (fine motor, social, communication, creative, hand eye- co-ordination)
– Home corner- (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative)
– Sand trough (sensory, creativity, fine motor, coordination, imagination, social)
– Connectors (building, fine motor, creativity, coordination)
– Drawing on easel (grasp skill, colour recognition, fine motor, creativity, imagination)
Inside children also participated in art therapy class with Miss Mackenzie:
– Art therapy – creating a collage from leaves and various coloured/sized paper to represent cycle of life. (cognitive, creativity, communication, sharing ideas, fine motor)
Portrait photos taker today: Lucia, Angelina, Termeh, Toranj, Hendrix, Luca, Warren, Ollie, Zavier, Flynn, Michael, Chloe, Matilda, Beau, Liam, Alex, Frankie, Range
Gymnastics: Hendrix, Luca, Warren, Ollie, Zavier, Flynn
Outside children had the opportunity to explore their fine motor, social skills and sensory play. They we encouraged to explore:
– Cubby houses (dramatic play, social, communication)
– Sandpit with buckets, shovels, pots, trucks- (construction, imagination, creativity, social)
– Free play outside (decision making, extending upon the child’s own interests)
– Bikes (co-ordination, gross motor)
– Music (language, dance, memory)
– Balancing beam and climbing bars (coordination, physical, balancing, fine and gross motor)
– Stepping blocks (Balance, gross motor, muscle and solo play)
Miss Sana and Miss Rose X.