Morning tea- yoghurt with granola and fruits
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• ABC and letter recognition
Children then were encouraged to participate in group time by sharing what they enjoyed on the weekend. To finish our group time, we read Flynn’s book called ‘room on the broom’ and Fynlee’s ‘Frozen’ book. Thanks, friends for sharing your books.
Before lunch, children sat with Miss Vee (the art teacher) where they enjoyed reading a book called ‘my magic breath’ followed by a meditation where children jumped up and down to feel their heartbeat going fast and practice deep breathing after that.
Lunch – sausage rolls with salad
Inside children participated in Art class: children were split in two groups and were asked to create abstract and organic breathing patterns with simulating neon poster paint on large paper.
Gymnastics: Hendrix, Flynn, Luca, Warren, Ollie, Zavier
Today we decided to play outside where children were given the opportunity to explore:
– Cubby houses (dramatic play, social, communication)
– Sandpit with buckets, shovels, pots, trucks- (construction, imagination, creativity, social)
– Free play outside (decision making, extending upon the child’s own interests)
– Bikes and scooter bikes (co-ordination, gross motor)
– Music (language, dance, memory)
– Balancing beam and climbing bars (coordination, physical, balancing, fine and gross motor)
– Drawing with texters (colour recognition, pencil grip, fine motor, hand-eye coordination)
– See-saws (social, fine and gross motor)
– Yoga balls (balancing, taking turns, gross motor, bouncing)