Morning tea- cake with fruits
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• ABC and letter recognition
Miss Sana then reminded children of our Christmas concert then we all sang our Christmas songs. To encourage children to participate in group time, Miss Sana asked children what they enjoyed the most on the weekend whilst introducing children with using past tense and encouraging children to feel comfortable enough to share their thoughts in a big group.
Before lunch, children sat on the mat with Miss Sana outside under the covered area, where we all enjoyed reading Frankie’s and Fynleey’s books. Thanks, girls for sharing your books with us.
Lunch – felafels with roasted vegetables and salad.
Today we had an outside day due to the construction work happening in our room. Therefore, we reapplied our sunscreen all over our bodies and headed back outside.
Gymnastics: Hendrix, Zavier, Luca, Warren, Amelia, Ollie
Outside, Miss Sana put some activities out foe children to explore. The activities outside were:
– Cubby houses (dramatic play, social, communication)
– Doll house with phones (dramatic play, social, imagination)
– Sandpit with buckets, shovels, pots, trucks- (construction, imagination, creativity, social)
– Free play outside (decision making, extending upon the child’s own interests)
– Bikes and scooter bikes (co-ordination, gross motor)
– Music (language, dance, memory)
– Balancing beam and climbing bars (coordination, physical, balancing, fine and gross motor)
– See-saws (social, fine and gross motor)
– Yoga balls (balancing, taking turns, gross motor, bouncing)
– Water play- we have the water pump now open! (sharing, social, concentration, gross motor)
– Watering gardens with Miss Rose (environment, cognitive, sensory, fine motor)
– Hide and seek and making campfire with Miss Sana (following children’s interest, social, teamwork, pretend play, imagination, sensory)
– Magnet alphabet and numbers (numeracy, literacy, cognitive, spelling)
– Puzzles (problem solving, fine motor)
– Drawing (creativity, imagination, pencil grip skill)
– Legos (building, imagination, creativity, social)
Information for parents:
Christmas party is on Thursday 10th December from 3:30 -4:30 pm