Morning tea- assorted fruit and cake
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• ABC and letter recognition
This morning practised our Christmas songs! The children are all very excited for our Thursday concert!
We then read Frankie’s book, thanks for sharing! Before going off to play the children were able to look at our beautiful flowers, we grew this year.
Before lunch, we read Eden’s, Termeh and Lola’s book. We love reading everyone’s special books from home! As a transition to making our beds, Miss Thea called out different colours and if a child was wearing the colour they could go and make their beds.
Lunch – vegetarian nuggets with roasted veges
Inside children were given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
Today we focused on sensory play.
– Home corner- (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Cubby house (dramatic play, communication, imagination)
– Trains and train tracks and making a pretend city using wooden blocks (construction, creativity, imagination, social)
– Shaving cream play, pretending it was snow. Some children wanted to add in animals and cars. Supervised by Miss Thea (sensory, social, fine motor)
– Linking blocks (Fine motor, creative, social, imaginative, colour recognition)
– Water play, adding pink food colouring, bowls, spoons and cups. (Social, Fine motor, creative, concentration, sensory)
– Collage. The children were able to create their own pictures using scrape coloured paper, glitter, glue and 100’s & 1000’s. This activity was monitored by Miss Sana (sensory, social, creative, fine motor, colour recognition)
– The children also built a train today! Using all the classroom chairs and using the linking connectors as train tickets. Everyone got involved in this imaginative play at some point throughout the morning.
Gymnastics: Luca, Flynn, Warren, Amelia, Zavier, Hendrix,
Information for parents:
If your child is unwell, please keep them at home to stop the spreading of more germs. Thanks
Please be mindful of sending your child in sun safety clothes, such as shirts with sleeves.
Christmas party is on THIS Thursday 10th December from 3:30 -4:30 pm. Food will be provided. Two guests max.
Due to the wet weather, the children were unable to explore the outdoors today.
Thanks for a lovely day!
Miss Thea and Miss Sana