Morning tea- blueberry cake with banana
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song.
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• Colour recognition
• Revising our shapes
This morning Miss Thea read the story ‘Hattie and the fox’. We then put on some sunscreen and had a group discussion about sun safety. Explaining why we leave our hats and shoes on when we play outside. We then talked about why sunscreen is important.
Today we will be having an outside day! Even having morning tea and lunch outside. The children were excited by this.
Before lunch, we did some dancing outside. The children danced to ‘Hot potato’, ‘Five cheeky monkeys’, ‘Shake your sillies out’ and ‘Sleeping bunnies’.
Lunch –vegetarian sausage rolls with vegetables
Yoga with Miss Haylee: everyone participated in this today. The children formed a circle by holding hands, then they were asked to do yoga poses based off the alphabet. Such great listening!
Gymnastics: Ocean, Mason, Sua, Saxon, Bowie, Leila
Today we decided to enjoy the cooler weather and spend the morning outside! There were lots of activities to explore that helped the children to develop their fine motor, gross motor, co-ordination, social skills, communication and imagination.
The activities available were:
– Cubby houses (dramatic play, social, communication)
– Free play outside (decision making, extending upon the child’s own interests)
– Balancing beam and climbing bars (coordination, physical, balancing, fine and gross motor)
– Water play at the water pump (Creativity, social, sensory, imagination)
– Dinosaurs in the garden (creative, imagination, social, sharing, communication)
– Wooden puzzles (fine motor, creative, social, co-ordination)
– Wooden building blocks (fine motor, concertation, balance, social)
– Book area, providing a quiet area for the children to relax (letter, colour and shape recognition, relaxing, social, communication)
– Spray bottles filled with water, the children were all taking turns and sharing very well! (muscle memory, sharing, creativity)
– Bubbles with Miss Rowena. The children laughed so much and loved chasing them around the yard trying to pop them!
– Tree house, encouraging every child to try climbing to the top and back down independently. (gross motor, co-ordination, sharing, communication)
Information for parents:
We have some socks missing, are you able to check your home for some knee high -light grey with pink poke dots. Thanks!
Thanks for a great day!
Thea and Rowena