Happy Thursday everyone!
Morning tea- bean sauce with Turkish bread
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• ABC and letter recognition
Children then started talking about their costumes, who they are today and their reason for choosing to wear those costumes. Children then were asked if they like to share their home books with their friends at group time. The rest of the children were encouraged to bring their favourite books to share with everyone. Miss Thea explained why reading books are important and how we learn a new lesson from each book. We then enjoyed listening to Ashton’s book.
Before lunch, children sat with Miss Thea and enjoyed listening to Milana’s and Termeh’s books from home. Thanks, friends, for sharing. The group time was finished by reading the ‘slinky malinki story.
Lunch – crispy Solomon with fried rice and vegetables
The children were able to continue exploring their sensory, social and fine motor development.
They were able to choose from:
– Train and train tracks- (fine motor, social, communication, creative, hand eye- co-ordination)
– Home corner- (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative)
– Bark trough with bugs, sieves and large spoons. (sensory, creativity, fine motor, coordination, imagination, social)
– Puzzles – supervised by Miss Sana (problem solving, hand-eye coordination, fine motor, communication)
– Connectors and lego (building, fine motor, creativity, coordination)
– Drawing on easel (pencil grasp skill, colour recognition, fine motor, creativity, imagination)
– Velcro balls and target – (gross motor, coordination, memory, social)
– Indoor water play with green, bubbly, sparkly water and filled with BUGS! (Sensory, social, communication, fine motor)
– Pegs and peg boards (creativity, fine motor, coordination, concentration)
– Straw connectors (colour recognition, fine motor, coordination, social)
– Role play – children enjoyed playing the role of teachers with Miss Jess (communication, language, confidence, imaginary)
Portrait photos taker today: Elizabeth, Lola
Yoga class – everyone participated.
Gymnastics: Termeh, Toranj, Alex, Elizabeth, Theodore
Outside children had the opportunity to explore their fine motor, social skills and sensory play. They we encouraged to explore:
– Cubby houses (dramatic play, social, communication)
– Sandpit with buckets, shovels, pots, trucks- (construction, imagination, creativity, social)
– Free play outside (decision making, extending upon the child’s own interests)
– Bikes (co-ordination, gross motor)
– Music (language, dance, memory)
– Balancing beam and climbing bars (coordination, physical, balancing, fine and gross motor)
– Stepping blocks (Balance, gross motor, muscle and solo play)
Information for parents:
Last day tomorrow for portrait photos!
If you have a special request or an outfit change or particular day you would prefer your child to have their photo taken, please let us know.
Thanks Pre Kindy for a great day.
Miss Thea and Miss Sana X.