Morning tea- fruits with yoghurt
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• ABC and letter recognition
Miss Thea then showed a short, animated Christmas film. It told the story of Rudolph the red nosed reindeer! The children were then VERY excited to hear that its only one more sleep until Santa comes!
Before lunch, we read the stories ‘Inside Mary Elizabeth’s house’ and ‘Seven more sleeps’.
Lunch – Tune and tofu poke bowls with vegetables
Today we had an inside and outside day! Inside, the children were given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
Today we focused on following children’s interests:
– Home corner- (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Bird food in the sensory trough, adding cups, bowls, spoons and ladles (social, sensory, creativity, fine motor)
– Legos (creativity, coordination, fine motor)
– Christmas colouring in (creativity, cognitive, hand-eye coordination, fine motor, concentration)
|Outside the children had a nice play in the cooler weather, they were able to explore from:
– Cubby houses (dramatic play, social, communication)
– Free play outside (decision making, extending upon the child’s own interests)
– Dancing with Miss Bea, they danced all their sillies out! Then the children were able to go on a Dragon hunt! (Social, gross motor, cognitive, memory)
– Music (language, dance, memory)
– Balancing beam and climbing bars (coordination, physical, balancing, fine and gross motor)
Water play (Creativity, social, sensory, imagination)
Information for parents:
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR XX.