Morning tea- fruit salad with yoghurt and granola
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• ABC and letter recognition
We sang the happy birthday song to Theodore and made him all the best wishes in the world. Children then practised the Christmas songs with Miss Thea, but this time Miss Thea pretend to be children’s parents and children were asked to sing by their own. To finish the group time Miss Thea informed children of the Gastroenteritis, explained what it is, how it affects our body and what to do to prevent getting it. Miss Thea also explained why we will be washing all the toys today.
A big thank you to Zavier and Theodore for bringing in special treats to share with your friends!
Before lunch, children sat on the mat inside with Miss Sana where she reminded children about Gastroenteritis followed by performing the proper way of washing hands whilst singing the washing hand song. The group time was finished by reading Milana’s book called ‘my daddy’. Thanks, Milana for sharing your book with us.
Lunch – sushi with tofu and salad
For Yoga today, the children joined classes with SK. Everyone really enjoyed the bigger group and listened to Miss Haylee to well!
Gymnastics: Elizabeth, Termeh, Toranj, Liam, Theodore, Alex
Outside, Miss Sana put some activities out for the children to explore. The activities outside were:
– Cubby houses (dramatic play, social, communication)
– Free play outside (decision making, extending upon the child’s own interests)
– Bikes and scooter bikes (co-ordination, gross motor)
– Music (language, dance, memory)
– Balancing beam and climbing bars (coordination, physical, balancing, fine and gross motor)
– See-saws (social, fine and gross motor)
– Yoga balls (balancing, taking turns, gross motor, bouncing)
– Legos (fine motor, creativity, social, colour recognition, imagination)
– Water play- we have the water pump now open! (sharing, social, concentration, gross motor)
– Hide and seek (social, counting, taking turns, communication, imagination)
– Pretend play (imagination, creativity, teamwork, social, fine and gross motor, cognitive)
Information for parents:
If your child is unwell, please keep them at home to stop the spreading of more germs. Thanks
Please be mindful of sending your child in sun safety clothes, such as shirts with sleeves.
Christmas party is on Thursday 10th December from 3:30 -4:30 pm. Food will be provided. Two guests max.