Morning tea- yoghurt, fruit and crumble
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• Christmas songs
At group time, we read Angus, Lucia and Fynlee books. Thanks so much for sharing. We then listen and sang along to some Christmas songs before talking about Christmas.
As a transition to play time, the children were encouraged to role the large foam dice (that was bought in by Flynn yesterday). Then to encourage counting the children would count the number of dots that was showing. Miss Thea then asked them to jump or hop the number.
Before lunch, the children sat down so nicely and listened to a story read by Miss Rose. “The very hungry bear” was a big hit to read. The children were able to identify the different emotions that the bears were feeling. This led into a great discussion about feelings/emotions.
Inside children were given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities such as:
– Train and train tracks- (fine motor, social, communication, creative, hand eye- co-ordination)
– Home corner- (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative)
– Playdough made with conditioner, corn flour and pink food colouring. The children were then able to explore this with cookie cutters, rollers, plastic knives and alphabet stamps. (sensory, creativity, fine motor, coordination, imagination, social)
– Puzzles – (Memory, social, fine motor, concentration)
– Our own snow pit made out of corn flour and baby oil. The children were able to explore this with Miss Thea using their hands, spoons, small bowls and animals (fine motor, social, sensory, creative)
Yoga class: Everyone participated in this, listening to the instructions so well!
Gymnastics: Alex, Theo, Elizabeth, Termeh, Toranj, Liam
Thanks for a great day!
Thea and Rose