Morning tea- fruit salad and crackers
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song.
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• Colour recognition
• Revising our shapes
This morning, many children got interested in balloons and Miss Rowena asked children’s favorite colour and made it for them. To extend their interests, Miss Remi drew Ala face on their balloons. All children were so happy to have it. Miss Remi and children were discussed about colour of balloons and emotional. (happy, sad, angry). Also, children have learned ‘Sharing is caring’ to extend emotional learning. I will continue to talk about this topic this month. Then, we moved to outdoor to have free play.
As a transition to morning tea, Children went to bathroom when they heard
‘Bee bee bumble bee, can you sing your name to me…’.
Before lunch, Mr Lachie read a book. ‘A simply spectacular hat’. Children were listening to his story carefully and laughed many times.
Lunch –Sausage roll and vegetables.
Inside, the children are given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
The activities available today were:
– Home corner, the children can play with toy food, babies, cots, phones, vacuum, microwave, kettle, café area, doll house, dress up – (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Book corner (Self soothing, letter/colour recognition, social)
– Lego and wooden construction blocks. It was great to see that the children are still interested in these toys, creating whatever they could think of. It lovely to see small groups of children sitting together while building, they talk to each other and compare their creations. – (creative, social, sharing, fine motor)
– Painting with balloons, Children enjoyed painting with balloons such as stumping it on a paper. (fine motor, hand eye co-ordination, concentration, independence)
– Blue and Pink sand in our sensory tray. The children were able to explore this with cups, scoops and bowls. We find this activity very popular, the children seem to calm down when exploring the sand.(sensory, social, communication, fine motor, colour recognition)
Gymnastics: Bowie, Leila, Ocean, Mason, Zephyr, Frankie