Morning tea- fruit with chocolate brownie
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• Colour recognition/ rainbow song
• Going over our classroom rules
Miss Rose read the story ‘Who sank the boat?’. The children were reading along and trying to guess as a class. Miss Rose than sang the songs ‘Happy and you know it’ and ‘Open shut them’. As a transition to play time the children were asked to collect a chair to place back at the table.
Before lunch and making our beds the children did some dancing. We danced to ‘Sleeping bunnies’, ‘Party freeze’ and ‘Pj Mask theme song’.
Lunch – Sheppard’s pie with vegetables
Inside, the children are given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
This week we will continue to focus on the children and getting to know everyone, making sure to build bonds and to make everyone feel welcomed:
– Home corner, the children can play with toy food, babies, cots, phones, vacuum, microwave, kettle, café area, doll house, dress up and even have a tea party! – (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Sensory play, our indoor sand pit. Adding some water, shovels, bowls, cups and animals (sensory, social, fine motor, sharing)
– Animals – (Social, sharing, imagination
– Legos (creativity, coordination, fine motor)
– Red playdough! The children were able to make some red playdough on Monday with Miss Rowena, each week we will make another colour of the rainbow encouraging colour recognition. (creativity, cognitive, hand-eye coordination, fine motor, concentration, colour recognition)
– Space construction – (creative, fine motor, social, hand eye co- ordination)
– Train tracks – (creative, fine motor, social, hand eye co-ordination)
Information for parents:
Just a reminder to please write all your child’s name on all their belongings to avoid losing or confusing items. Just a reminder that all children need bed sheets, even if they don’t sleep. This it to encourage bed making and ownership. Thank you