Good evening families and friends. Here is how we spent our day today:
Morning tea- protein bars with coconut yoghurt
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• ABC and letter recognition
Miss Sana then showed children a big calendar and together we counted how many more sleeps left till Christmas. With the help of children, we then identified a few things we do during Christmas time and discussed our most favourite thing about Christmas. Miss Sana then surprised children with some Christmas crackers and explained to children how to crack them. Children then had a turn with cracking them and wining prizes whilst showing big excitements.
Before lunch, children sat down and with Miss Sana again where they watched a short video of Santa.
Lunch – lasagne with salad
Inside children were given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
Today we focused on following children’s interests:
– Home corner- (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Cubby house (dramatic play, communication, imagination)
– Connecting blocks (colour recognition, social, coordination, imagination, creativity)
– Train track set (social, creativity, hand-eye coordination, fine motor, imagination)
– Pegs and peg boards (colour recognition, coordination, imagination, creativity)
– Straw connectors (cognitive, fine motor, concentration, hand-eye coordination, creativity)
– Coloured sensory rice (colour recognition, sensory, creativity, fine motor)
– Space building set (cognitive, creativity, imagination, coordination)
– Legos (creativity, coordination, fine motor)
– Christmas colour in (pencil grip, colour recognition, creativity)
Gymnastics: Audrey, Ashton, Harvey, Elaina, Milana, Mila
Because of the wet surfaces outside, we stayed inside today.
Information for parents:
If your child is unwell, please keep them at home to stop the spreading of more germs. Thanks
Please be mindful of sending your child in sun safety clothes, such as shirts with sleeves.
Thanks to everyone for a great day.