Morning tea- Cake with fruit
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• Colour recognition/ rainbow song
This morning Miss Thea introduced some green paint, this was to continue our learning of colours. Miss Thea asked the children to look around the room to find any green objects. As they called out the object Miss Thea would use the green paint to paint it.
As a transition to play time the children were asked to place their green chairs back at the table.
Before lunch children enjoyed dancing with songs such as ‘baby shark’, ‘dinosaur stomp’, ‘wiggles’ and ‘freeze’ song. Miss Thea then used some felt puppets to sing some songs with. We sang ‘Five little speckled frogs’, ‘Five cheeky monkeys’ and ‘Five little dinosaurs. As we sang these songs we used our colour and counting skills.
Lunch – shepherd’s pie with vegetables
Inside, the children are given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
This week we will be learning about colours! Continuing with our rainbow colour theme.
– Home corner, the children can play with toy food, babies, cots, phones, vacuum, microwave, kettle, café area, doll house, dress up and even have a tea party! – (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Green rice for our sensory play. Adding spoons, cups, scoops and bowls (fine motor, imagination, creativity, colour recognition, social, sensory)
– Legos explored with Roya(creativity, coordination, fine motor)
– Train tracks – (creative, fine motor, social, hand eye co-ordination)
– Road track with cars (creative, imagination, teamwork, fine motor, hand eye co-ordination)
– Magnet birds (cognitive, fine motor, colour recognition, creativity)
– Coloured counting farm animals (colour and animal recognition, numeracy, fine motor)
– Painting supervised by Miss Thea. Letting the children paint an green object or objects that they see inside or outside the classroom (Colour recognition, social, fine motor, creative, verbal communication)