Morning tea- Pancakes with fruit
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• ABC and letter recognition
This morning we continued our Halloween theme, Miss Thea sat with the children and asked them if they knew of any spooky animals. Oliver called out ‘A bat!’. Miss Thea then showed an educational clip of some bats. We learned that they sleep during the day and that their wings are more like hands with long fingers than wings like a bird. The children also knew that bats sleep upside down!
We then read Angus’s books, “I am a big brother” and “Dinosaur”.
Before lunch, the children did some dancing with Miss Alex and Miss Roya!
Lunch – vegetable pasta with vegetables
The children were able to continue exploring their sensory, social and fine motor development.
They were able to choose from:
– Train and train tracks- (fine motor, social, communication, creative, hand eye- co-ordination)
– Home corner- (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative)
– Sand trough with bugs, water and scoops. (sensory, creativity, fine motor, coordination, imagination, social)
– Connectors and lego(building, fine motor, creativity, coordination)
– Drawing on easel (pencil grasp skill, colour recognition, fine motor, creativity, imagination)
– Bat painting with Miss Alex, encouraging the children to use slow movements with the paint brush– (cognitive, fine motor movements, imagination, social, sensory (if painting with hands/fingers)).
– Velcro balls and target – this activity was loved by all. Miss Roya helped the children to take turns and share. (gross motor, coordination, memory, social)
Portrait photos taker today: Fynlee, Elaina and Mila
Gymnastics: Ashton, Harvey, Milana, Mila, Elaina, Sammy,
Thanks for a lovely day!
Information for parents:
Portrait photos this week!
If you have a special request or an outfit change or particular day you would prefer your child to have their photo taken, please let us know.