Morning tea- fruits with coconut yoghurt and cake
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• ABC and letter recognition
Miss Thea read the book ‘This is a ball’, this book is very funny to read as the children call out the correct answer. We then sang some Christmas songs, ‘Jingle bells’ and ‘Rudolph the red nose reindeer’. We then sang a big happy birthday to Mila, thanks so much for bringing in cupcakes to share with your friends!
Before lunch, the children read the story ‘Big red bus’ and ‘ I am feeling happy’. The children then were very lucky to watch a short, animated Christmas film. (6mins).
Lunch – Lasagne and vegetables
Inside children were given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
Today we focused on following children’s interests:
– Home corner- (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Cubby house (dramatic play, communication, imagination)
– Connecting blocks, space blocks. These have been very popular with everyone (colour recognition, social, coordination, imagination, creativity)
– Bird food in the sensory trough, adding cups, bowls, spoons and ladles (social, sensory, creativity, fine motor)
– Legos (creativity, coordination, fine motor)
– Colouring in (creativity, cognitive, hand-eye coordination, fine motor, concentration)
Just a reminder that we are closing on Thursday at 2:00pm.