Morning tea- Fruits and cakes
This morning, Miss Rowena and children had discussed about a long weekend. Children were excited to tell what they were doing to us. Everyone had a great weekend and most of them enjoyed picnic on a park or beach.
As a transition to morning tea, Miss Rowena called Children’s the first letter of their name. When they heard their first letter of their name, they went to bathroom to wash their hands. (To recognise their name/letters)
10:15, Speech pathology came over at pre kindy and she read a ‘rainbow fish’ book to tell them express their feeling. Children has learned about emotion such as happy, angry sad…
Before lunch, Mr Lachie created his own story buy using animal toys. It’s about a friendship. Children learned about how to ask others to borrow a toy nicely.
Lunch – Asian noodle with vegetable
Inside, the children are given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
The activities available today were:
– Home corner, the children can play with toy food, babies, cots, phones, vacuum, microwave, kettle, café area, doll house, dress up – (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Colouring a rainbow fish activity, children showed self-choice for a crayon and engaged the activity.
(Self-help skills, colour recognition, social, fine motor skills.)
– Blue and Pink sand in our sensory tray. The children were able to explore this with cups, scoops and bowls. The children seem to calm down when exploring the rice. (sensory, social, communication, fine motor, colour recognition)
– Book corner (Self soothing, letter/colour recognition, social)
– Lego and wooden construction blocks. It was great to see that the children are still interested in these toys, creating whatever they could think of. It lovely to see small groups of children sitting together while building, they talk to each other and compare their creations. – (creative, social, sharing, fine motor)
Gymnastics: Chen yi, Xavier, Aiden, Saxon, Millie B,Oliver,