Morning tea- fruits with yoghurt
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• Colour recognition/ rainbow song
Miss Rowena read the story book “The Cuddliest Hug” by Meredith Costain & Cee Biscoe.
Before lunch, we did some dancing with Miss Thea. We danced to our favourite songs such as, PJ Mask, Baby shark, Happy if you know it and some Wiggles. We then sat down and read the stories ‘Seven more sleeps’ and ‘Dogs’.
Miss Thea then explained to the children how we are all going to try and make our own beds today!
Lunch – lasagne and vegetables
Today we had an inside day, the children were given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
Today we focused on the children and getting to know everyone, making sure to build bonds and to make everyone feel welcomed:
– Home corner- (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Animals – (Social, sharing, imagination
– Legos (creativity, coordination, fine motor)
– Colouring in (creativity, cognitive, hand-eye coordination, fine motor, concentration)
– Space construction – (creative, fine motor, social, hand eye co ordination)
– Coloured pegs and peg boards –(creative, fine motor, social, hand eye co ordination, colour recognition, counting)
– Train tracks – (creative, fine motor, social, hand eye co ordination)
Information for parents:
Just a reminder to please write your child’s name on sheets and clothing. All children need bed sheets. Thank you