Morning tea- coconut yoghurt with fruits
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• ABC and letter recognition
Children then helped Miss Rose identify today’s weather and the colours of our rainbow in the room. Miss Rose also asked children to wash their hands as many times as they can during the day and explained the reason for it.
Before lunch, children sat on the mat and enjoyed listening to Fynlee’s book called ‘starting school’. Whilst reading this book, we discussed some of the things we will be doing when we go to school alongside with identifying a few differences between schools and our Kindy. Thanks, Fynlee for sharing your book with us. Children then all stood up and practised the Christmas songs with Miss Sana.
Lunch – lasagne with salad
Inside children were given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
Today we focused on following children’s interests.
– Home corner- (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Cubby house (dramatic play, communication, imagination)
– Trains and train tracks and making a pretend city using wooden blocks (construction, creativity, imagination, social)
– Christmas colour in (creativity, colour recognition, grasp skill, social, cognitive)
– Linking blocks (Fine motor, creative, social, imaginative, colour recognition)
– Puzzles (problem solving, hand-eye coordination, fine motor)
Gymnastics: Elaina, Mila, Milana, Sammy, Ashton, Harvey
– Cubby houses (dramatic play, social, communication)
– Free play outside (decision making, extending upon the child’s own interests)
– Bikes and scooter bikes (co-ordination, gross motor)
– Music (language, dance, memory)
– Balancing beam and climbing bars (coordination, physical, balancing, fine and gross motor)
– See-saws (social, fine and gross motor)
– Yoga balls (balancing, taking turns, gross motor, bouncing)
– Legos (fine motor, creativity, social, colour recognition, imagination)
– Climbing net (coordination, fine and gross motor, taking turns)
Information for parents:
If your child is unwell, please keep them at home to stop the spreading of more germs. Thanks
Please be mindful of sending your child in sun safety clothes, such as shirts with sleeves.
Christmas party is on THIS Thursday 10th December from 3:30 -4:30 pm. Food will be provided. Two guests max.
Thanks for a beautiful day friends.
Lots of Love,
Miss Sana and Miss Rose X.