Morning tea- Jelly with fruit
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• Colour recognition
• Revising our shapes
This morning, Miss Thea talked about Easter and how it’s just around the corner. The children were excited to hear that the Easter bunny may visit!
We then looked at today’s activity, easter egg painting! Using water paint each child will be able to paint their own Easter egg. They all listened so nicely and watched as Miss Thea demonstrated on the easel.
As a transition to morning tea, the children were each asked to identify either a shape or colour before washing their hands.
Before lunch, the children read Aria’s book, thanks for sharing. They then listened to Mr Lachie read ‘Harry the dirty dog’ and ‘Dinosaur roar!’.
Lunch – pasta and vegetables
Inside, the children are given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
The activities available today were:
– Home corner, the children can play with toy food, babies, cots, phones, vacuum, microwave, kettle, café area, doll house, dress up – (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Book corner (Self soothing, letter/colour recognition, social)
– Lego and construction blocks with Mr Lachie! – (creative, social, sharing, fine motor)
– Sensory bottles- eight plastic bottles filled with different coloured water and ingredients. The children really enjoyed exploring these, finding them calming. Some will make loud noises when shaken and others are just pretty and relaxing to explore. (colour recognition, social, communication, calming area)
– Magnetic fishing, a two-player game encouraging the children to work together, to use their patience and concentration to catch the fish. This has also been popular and can be found in our calm area. (Coordination, social, communication, sharing, counting and animal recognition)
– Rubber band board with rubber bands (shape recognition, trial and error, fine motor, concentration, coordination)
– Easter water painting with Miss Rowena. The children were able to pick an egg they would like to paint and chose from pink, yellow, blue and green water colours. (fine motor, concentration, colour & shape recognition, social, communication)
Gymnastics: Shylie, Aria, Millie L, Michael, Elsa
Information for parents:
Please apply sunscreen before arriving to kindy in the morning, if you have forgotten there is sunscreen available on top of the lockers outside the classroom. Thanks!
Thea and Rowena