Morning tea- cake and fruit
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• ABC and letter recognition
Miss Thea then read the books called ‘This is a red book’ and ‘the very cranky bear’. The children showed a real enjoyment with these and read along with Miss Thea.
Before lunch, children were asked to sit in a circle and as one big group we enjoyed playing ‘who’s under the blanket’ game where everyone had all had lots of fun. We then read the story ‘room on the broom’.
Lunch – burgers with salad
Thank you Sua for bringing in some icey poles to share with your friends!
Inside children were given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
Today we focused on following children’s interests:
– Home corner- (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Cubby house (dramatic play, communication, imagination)
– Doll house (imaginary, creativity, dramatic play, communication)
– Connecting blocks (colour recognition, social, coordination, imagination, creativity)
– Train track set (social, creativity, hand-eye coordination, fine motor, imagination)
– Coloured sensory rice (colour recognition, sensory, creativity, fine motor)
– Space building set (cognitive, creativity, imagination, coordination)
– Legos (creativity, coordination, fine motor)
– Christmas craft with Miss Sana, where children were required use their scissor skill to cut a triangle shape and decorate them with some coloured papers and glitter (creativity, cognitive, hand-eye coordination, fine motor, concentration)
– Puzzle (problem solving, coordination, cognitive, patience)
Gymnastics: Lilah, Lola, Beau, Angus, Sua, Angelina
Thanks for a great day!
Thea and Sana