Morning tea- Fruits and cakes
This morning, Miss Rowena has told children about a book rule. Book is only for reading and we need to take care of them not tearing or drawing on them. Children also learned ‘Gentle hands’, We also sang ’Waltzing Matilda’ and ’See the veteran’. Then, we did ‘Acknowledgement Country’. Children has learned some Aboriginal words.
As a transition to morning tea, Miss Rowena called Children’s the first letter of their name. When they heard their first letter of their name, they went to bathroom to wash their hands. (To recognise their name/letters)
Before lunch, Mr Lachie read a book ‘The blue Balloon/ Dear Zoo’. They were listening to his story quietly.
Lunch – pumpkin soup and bread and some vegetable
Inside, the children are given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
The activities available today were:
– Home corner, the children can play with toy food, babies, cots, phones, vacuum, microwave, kettle, café area, doll house, dress up – (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Making poppies by using PVA glue, children applied a black circle paper on their paper plates. (sensory, social, communication, fine motor, colour recognition)
– Tearing & Pasting activity, children engaged group activity to tear as much as they can. They enjoyed new experience. (sensory, fine motor, self-regulation)
– Blue and Pink sand in our sensory tray. The children were able to explore this with cups, scoops and bowls. The children seem to calm down when exploring the rice. (sensory, social, communication, fine motor, colour recognition)
– Book corner (Self soothing, letter/colour recognition, social)
– Lego and wooden construction blocks. It was great to see that the children are still interested in these toys, creating whatever they could think of. It lovely to see small groups of children sitting together while building, they talk to each other and compare their creations. – (creative, social, sharing, fine motor)
Gymnastics: Arlo, Millie L, Michael, Ren,Aria, Elsa