Morning tea- jelly with yoghurt and fruits.
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• ABC and letter recognition
This morning started by singing a big Happy Birthday to Hendrix and Lilah! We then continued our Halloween theme, Miss Thea sat with the children and showed them todays Halloween activity! Today we did some Pumpkin carving to make our own jack-o-lantern. We then watched and listened to our two favourite pumpkin songs ‘Five little pumpkins’ and ‘Five pumpkins sitting on a gate’. These two songs extend off our interest in Halloween and encourages the children to continue their counting and learning of the different emotions.
(Would also like to thank Chloe for bringing in cupcakes on Friday to celebrate her birthday!)
Before lunch, we danced with some Halloween songs such as ‘the skeleton dance’, ‘Halloween dance party’ and ‘Halloween stomp’. We then discussed some of the things we do in Halloween. To finish the group time we read ‘Peppa’s Halloween party’ and another book called ‘Green Wilma frog in space.’
Lunch – chicken wraps with salad
The children were able to continue exploring their sensory, social and fine motor development.
They were able to choose from:
– Train and train tracks- (fine motor, social, communication, creative, hand eye- co-ordination)
– Home corner- (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative)
– Bark trough with bugs, sieves and large spoons. (sensory, creativity, fine motor, coordination, imagination, social)
– Connectors and lego (building, fine motor, creativity, coordination)
– Drawing on easel (pencil grasp skill, colour recognition, fine motor, creativity, imagination)
– Scooping out the inside of the pumpkin!! The children were able to explore this with Miss Sana– (cognitive, fine motor movements, social, sensory, communication).
– Velcro balls and target – this activity was loved by all. Miss Parisa helped the children to take turns and share. (gross motor, coordination, memory, social)
– Indoor water play with green, bubbly, sparkly water and filled with BUGS! (Sensory, social, communication, fine motor)
Portrait photos taker today: Termeh, Toranj, Sammy, Audrey, Beau, Michael, Angus, Honey, Hendrix, Lilah, Theodore
Have a lovely evening,
Thea and Sana