Morning tea- Fruits and cakes
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song.
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• Colour recognition
• Revising our shapes
This morning, Miss Remi and children had discussed about Mother’s day. Children were so excited to tell us how much they love their mum!! Miss Remi asked children what we can do for your mummy. They gave me a brilliant idea and we started do a new project!
As a transition to morning tea, Miss Remi called Bowie, Elsa, Ren, Abbi and Arlo to pick up their 4 best friends. Then they moved to bathroom with their 4 friends.
Before lunch, Mr Lachie read a book called ‘You are the best mum’. The children listened to his story quietly.
Lunch – Pumpkin soup with bread and vegetables.
Inside, the children are given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
The activities available today were:
– Home corner, the children can play with toy food, babies, cots, phones, vacuum, microwave, kettle, café area, doll house, dress up – (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Painting and writing Activity, The children picked their own colour and enjoyed painting and writing. (creative, social, sharing, fine motor)
– Blue and Pink sand in our sensory tray. The children were able to explore this with cups, scoops and bowls. The children seem to calm down when exploring the rice. (sensory, social, communication, fine motor, colour recognition)
– Book corner (Self soothing, letter/colour recognition, social)
– Lego and wooden construction blocks. It was great to see that the children are still interested in these toys, creating whatever they could think of. It lovely to see small groups of children sitting together while building, they talk to each other and compare their creations. – (creative, social, sharing, fine motor)
Gymnastics: Michael. Millie L, Ren, Aria, Arlo, Shylie, Elsa