Happy Wednesday everyone!
Here is how our day was spent in Kindy.
Morning tea- yoghurt with jelly and fruits
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• ABC and letter recognition
We then said good morning to Miss Larissa and thanked her for stepping into our room today. We then read Hendrix’s book called ‘The coral kingdom’. It was a great book about introducing sea creatures. Miss Sana then gathered some sea animals from different classrooms and as a group we identified each animal and discussed their features. During group time, children were reminded to raise their hand up before sharing their thoughts.
Before lunch, children danced to some Halloween songs and sat down on the mat where they watched a short education video about sea creatures and learnt so many new things about them.
Lunch – chicken wraps with salad
Today children explored outside as it was requested by them.
Dancing: everyone participated in dancing today.
Gymnastics: Angus, Lola, Lilah, Frankie, Beau, Honey, Michael
Outside children had the opportunity to explore their fine motor, social skills and sensory play. They we encouraged to explore:
– Cubby houses (dramatic play, social, communication)
– Sandpit with buckets, shovels, pots, trucks- (construction, imagination, creativity, social)
– Free play outside (decision making, extending upon the child’s own interests)
– Bikes (co-ordination, gross motor)
– Music (language, dance, memory)
– Balancing beam and climbing bars (coordination, physical, balancing, fine and gross motor)
– Cars and trucks in sand pit (construction, fine motor, imagination, creativity, sensory)
– Water play in a trough with sea animals – extending from Hendrix’s book (following interests, sensory, fine motor, cognitive)
– Flower connectors (colour recognition, coordination, fine motor, building, creativity)
Information for parents:
HALLOWEEN DRESS UP DAY ON THURSDAY 29TH OCTOBER. Don’t forget to come dress up!