Morning tea- granola bar with fruit
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• ABC and letter recognition
We then stood up and practised our Christmas songs. Miss Sana then informed children of the Gastro virus. As a group we discussed what a virus is, how it might affect our bodies and some ways which we can prevent getting the Gastro virus.
Before lunch, we danced with some Christmas songs such as ‘jingle bells’ and ‘Santa Claus is coming to town’. We then sat down and read Toranj’s and Warren’s book. Thanks, guys, for sharing with us.
Theodore also bought in some small gifts for everyone! Thanks so much!
Lunch – hamburgers with salad!
Inside children were given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities. Today our focus was on children’s interaction in peers and their communication skill.
Today’s activities explored by children were:
– Home corner- (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Cubby house (dramatic play, communication, imagination)
– Sensory coloured rice with red, white and green. Today we added in some spoons, bowls, cups and sieves. (sensory, creativity, social, fine motor, colour recognition)
– Small groups of five with water play – adding bubbles, animals and building blocks (sensory, fine motor, social)
– Straw connectors, encouraging new friendships and social interactions (construction, creativity, imagination, social, communication)
– PJ mask puzzle (cognitive, creativity, social, fine motor)
– Drawing with pencils (pencil grip, colour recognition, fine motor, imagination)
– Magnet fishing set (concentration, sea animal recognition, social, taking turns)
Thanks for a great day!
Thea and Sana
Information for parents:
If your child is unwell, please keep them at home to stop the spreading of more germs. Thanks
Christmas party is on Thursday 10th December from 3:30 -4:30 pm. Food will be provided. Two guests max.