Morning tea- Very Peachy Jelly Cups
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song.
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• Colour recognition
• Revising our shapes
This morning Miss Remi and children discussed about ‘Happy Easter’. Abbi and Millie B said, ‘We want to make Easter presents for Mummy and Daddy’. Everyone agreed to do it as one of the indoor activities. After that, Miss Remi read the book ‘The mutt dog’ which is Evie brought from home. Then children enjoyed dancing with Miss Janny and free indoor plays.
As a transition to morning tea, the children wanted to mimic Bunny. So, they went to a bathroom by hopping.
Before lunch, Mr Lacchie sang ‘5 little sausages. Everyone was taking turn to grab a sausage and sang this song with hem.
Lunch – Delicious Creamy Salmon Penne
Inside, the children are given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
The activities available today were:
– Home corner, the children can play with toy food, babies, cots, phones, vacuum, microwave, kettle, café area, doll house, dress up – (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Book corner (Self soothing, letter/colour recognition, social)
– Lego and wooden construction blocks. It was great to see that the children are still interested in these toys, creating whatever they could think of. It lovely to see small groups of children sitting together while building, they talk to each other and compare their creations. – (creative, social, sharing, fine motor)
– Magnetic shapes, the children absolutely love these. They share these items very well and create amazing things individually or in small groups. (Fine motor, creative, social, communication, imagination, friendships, trial and error)
– Making some collage with Easter materials, Children enjoyed pasting a lot of materials with glue by their own choices. (fine motor, hand eye co-ordination, concentration, independence)
Dance class with Miss Jenny: we encouraged everyone to get involved and to have fun dancing!
Have a lovely weekend.
Remi and Jess