Morning tea- raisin bread with homemade jam and fruits
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• ABC and letter recognition
At group time Miss Bea read the story ‘The big red bus’, the children enjoy reading along to this story as each character yells “STOP!”.
The children then helped Miss Bea to sing our ‘Hello from around the world song’.
Before lunch, we sat on the mat with Miss Thea and talked about Christmas time. The children were very excited to hear that Christmas was just around the corner. Miss Thea then talked about our Christmas songs we will learn for our Christmas party!
Lunch – Fish curry and veges
Inside children were given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities such as:
– Train and train tracks- (fine motor, social, communication, creative, hand eye- co-ordination)
– Home corner- (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative)
– Making playdough with Miss Bea using conditioner and cornflour! Then adding some pink food colouring as well. The children were then able to explore this with cookie cutters, rollers, plastic knives and stamps. (sensory, creativity, fine motor, coordination, imagination, social)
– Rubber band board and rubber bands – (Shape recognition, colours, social, fine motor and creative)
– Flynn bought in some foam squares to share with his friends, Miss Bea had the idea of turning them into some dice. Encouraging the children to colour in the dots and counting as well. We will use these dice to help with our counting and encourage new games. (fine motor, social, counting)
Dance class: Everyone participated in this, listening to the instructions so well!
Gymnastics: Beau, Angus, Michael, Angelina, Lilah, Lola, Frankie
Thanks for a great day!
Love Thea and Bea