Morning tea- Cakes and some fruits
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song.
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• Colour recognition
• Revising our shapes
This morning, Miss Remi explained about ‘Children’s day’ in Japan. It is important day for children in Japan because all Japanese people play for them to be happier, wealthier and stronger. So, we are going to engage Japanese event woo hoo!!
As a transition to morning tea, Miss Remi called Jai, Bowie, George, Ren, Sophia, Millie L, Aria, and Abbi to choose their friends. Everyone happy to move to bathroom by holding their hands.
Before lunch, Mr Lachie created his own story about a magic. The children listened to her story quietly.
Lunch –healthy sushi with vegetable
Inside, the children are given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
The activities available today were:
– Home corner, the children can play with toy food, babies, cots, phones, vacuum, microwave, kettle, café area, doll house, dress up – (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Koinobori, flying fish art and craft, children engaging drawing, colouring on the colourful papers.(creative, social, sharing, fine motor)
– Painting and writing Activity, The children picked their own colour and enjoyed painting and writing. (creative, social, sharing, fine motor)
– Blue and Pink sand in our sensory tray. The children were able to explore this with cups, scoops and bowls. The children seem to calm down when exploring the rice. (sensory, social, communication, fine motor, colour recognition)
– Book corner (Self soothing, letter/colour recognition, social)
– Lego and wooden construction blocks. It was great to see that the children are still interested in these toys, creating whatever they could think of. It lovely to see small groups of children sitting together while building, they talk to each other and compare their creations. – (creative, social, sharing, fine motor)
Dance class with Miss Jenny: we encouraged everyone to get involved and to have fun dancing!
Gymnastics: Michael, Ren, Arlo, shylie, Elsa, Aria