Morning tea- fruits with blueberry muesli bars
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• Colour recognition/ rainbow song
• Going over our classroom rules
This morning we read Jai’s book, thanks for sharing! We then listened so well to Miss Thea as we went over our classroom rules. Such as sitting with our legs crossed hands in our laps, listening ears and packing away. We will slowly introduce more classroom rules to encourage independence.
Before lunch, we did some dancing with Miss Thea. We danced to our favourite songs such as, Sleeping bunnies, Baby shark, Shake your sillies out and some Wiggles. We then sat down and read Evie’s books, thanks for sharing!
Miss Thea then explained to the children how we are all going to try and make our own beds today!
Lunch – Hamburgers!
Today we had an inside day, the children were given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
Today we focused on the children and getting to know everyone, making sure to build bonds and to make everyone feel welcomed:
– Home corner- (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Animals – (Social, sharing, imagination
– Legos (creativity, coordination, fine motor)
– Making Playdough with Miss Rowena! The children were able to make some pink playdough. Each week we will make another colour of the rainbow encouraging colour recognition. (creativity, cognitive, hand-eye coordination, fine motor, concentration, colour recognition)
– Space construction – (creative, fine motor, social, hand eye co ordination)
– Coloured pegs and peg boards –(creative, fine motor, social, hand eye co ordination, colour recognition, counting)
– Train tracks – (creative, fine motor, social, hand eye co ordination)
Just a reminder to please write your child’s name on sheets and clothing. All children need bed sheets. Thank you
Miss Thea and Miss Rowena