Morning tea- cake with assorted fruits
Morning group –
We started with our morning routine:
• Good morning song
• Days of the week
• Counting and number recognition
• ABC and letter recognition
This morning, children sat with Miss Qiu! Miss Qui will be their kindergarten teacher next year! The children listened to her so well as she read the story ‘Do you know who sank the boat?”. After saying goodbye to Miss Qui, the children talked about their Christmas concert tomorrow! We also talked about how we can only have a quick play outside this afternoon as SK is having their concert today.
Before lunch, we sat in a circle and looked at Luca’s book called ‘noisy wind-up fire engine’. Children all had a turn with winding up the train and watching the train go around different towns. Thanks, Luca for sharing. We also read the book ‘all I want for Christmas’ book and discussed what we want for Christmas from Santa.
Lunch – burgers with salad.
Inside children were given variety of opportunities to develop their fine motor, social, role play, construction, coordination and cognitive skills through activities.
Today we focused on following children’s interests.
– Home corner- (dramatic play, memory, social, fine motor, imaginative, pretend play)
– Cubby house (dramatic play, communication, imagination)
– Colour connecting blocks, monitored by Miss Thea (construction, creativity, imagination, social)
– Water play, adding soap to make bubbles, green food colouring, bowls and large spoons (creativity, colour recognition, grasp skill, social, cognitive, sensory)
– Linking blocks (Fine motor, creative, social, imaginative, colour recognition)
– Red and green Christmas rice, adding bowls, scoops and cups (problem solving, hand-eye coordination, fine motor, sensory)
Dance class: Our last dance lesson with Miss Jen for the year. We were able to explore some cool new dance moves in the Toddlers yard!
Gymnastics: Angus, Angelina, Lilah, Lola, Amelia
Information for parents:
If your child is unwell, please keep them at home to stop the spreading of more germs. Thanks
Please be mindful of sending your child in sun safety clothes, such as shirts with sleeves.
Christmas party is on TOMORROW 10th December from 3:30 -4:30 pm. Food will be provided. Two guests max.
See you all tomorrow for our Christmas concert!
Sana and Thea