This morning we had some overly exciting activities set up.
Michael, Jude, Zephyr and Adam used prams and trays to collect different coloured balls. Michael collected green and blue balls while Jude picked yellow ones, Adam and Zephyr loved picking up the pink, red and purple coloured balls.
Alby, Arlo and Shylie observed the spiders in the bush and recognized the spider web.
Jai loved playing with the basket ball and bounced it around the yard.
Connor, Jude, Pia and Chen yi did some drawing with Miss Des.After our big play Miss Des’ree and Miss Dakota gathered the children on the mat to do a group time.
Shylie started the group time off by doing our aboriginal knowledge “here is the land, Here is the sky, here are my friends and here am I” well done Shylie!
Next up we sang some of the children favourite songs:
- 5 little speckled frogs
- 4 humpty dumpty
- 3 cheeky monkeys in the treeAfter group time we enjoyed our activity time with toddlers one in the yard.
The children had a selection of activities that interested them:
- Painting with logs! The children have loved singing nursery rhymes so we decided to turn our room into a nursery rhyme story. We have focused on incy wincy and today we looked at creating 5 little speckled frogs. Connor, Pia, Arlo, Zephyr and Alby loved painting with logs and bubble wrap.
- Once we completed all our log art the children requested more art. Using the left over green paint from yesterday we made lily pads for our display
- Jude and Alby enjoyed the obstacle
- Shylie and Pia enjoyed the art activities
- Adam, Michael, Jai and Apollon explored the garden with shovels
After our big play we came inside for some lunch
Over all its been a beautiful day
Miss Des’ree Miss Dakota and Miss Alex
See you all tomorrow