Welcome to another week in the toddlers two room! This morning Zoe and Alby helped Miss Des’ree set up the yard Zoe said “ dragon bounce bounce” and took the jumping dragons out into the yard. Alby said “I want mower” and decided to place the mowers near the sandpit. When the yard was set up the children selected the activities that interested them the most. Jude, Chen yi and Oliver played in the sand pit and filled up the buckets with sand and bark. Emmy, Michael and Sophia- grace danced to the music playing on the speaker. When all of our friends had arrived Miss Kim and Miss Kate picked up their first class of children for gymnastics, Finn, Ella, Oliver and were all excited to participate in gym and used this special time to extend on their physical skills.
After our morning play the children gathered inside for some delicious morning tea of fruits and carackers.
(LO1 & LO3 The toddlers have a strong sense of belonging and cater to their physical and emotional wellbeing. In the yard the toddlers are independent and can keep themselves engaged with their environment whilst developing on their needs for physical exercise and emotional regulation. )
After morning tea the toddlers gathered on the mat with Miss Marina. She started off the group time by showing the children a witch’s broom! It looked like the same broom that children saw last week in the book ‘Room on a Broom’. For todays special group time Miss Marina used her magical broom to create an orange pumpkin and as she conjured up the pumpkin, she told the toddlers a captivating story that had them all thrilled with Halloween fun and play. When the activities were almost set up the children finished off the group time by encouraging Miss Marina to do our routine songs, which are:
- Days of the week
- Aboriginal acknowledgement
- Weather discussion “it’s hot and sunny!” said Michael
(LO5: the toddlers love group time and are always eager to listen to new stories. LO1: the toddlers are confident with our group time routine and take initiative by leading and encouraging their educators continue on with the days of the week, aboriginal acknowledgment and weather discussions)
For the most exciting time of the day the toddlers selected their activities.
- Halloween café was a popular area for Shylie, Pia, Ella, Elsa and Sophia. The girls used this opportunity to form new friendships and explore different relationships such as “babies and Mums” “waitress and customers”
- At one table Michael, Emilia, Bowie, Ella, Emmy, Elsa, Alby, Remi and Sophia participated in a two-step activity, cutting out letters and placing them with their match. Most of the toddlers have perfected either cutting or matching, well done!
- At another table the children got crafty and created a big group spider! Sophia, Emmy, Michael ,Emilia, Ella and Bowie used sponges, to spread the paint all over the cardboard then finished their work by gluing pits of wool to their creature.
While some friends enjoyed table activities others chose to participate in other self selected activities such as:
- Oliver, Finn, Alby, Pia and enjoyed running up and down the climbing net
- Chen yi and Finn played in the haunted house and brought books inside the house to read
- Elsa and shylie took out the wooden blocks and enjoyed construction
- Remi, Bowie, Zoe, Oliver and pia explored the heuristic items and observed nuts, bolts and wooden mechanics
(LO2,LO4, the toddlers explore their environment expressing wonder and interest in the activities offered. The toddlers have practiced using their social skills and enjoy each other’s company)
It’s been a great day at kindy, have a nice weekend.
Miss Des’ree, Miss Dakota, Miss Marina and Mr Lachie .
PARENT INPUT AND EVENTS:
REMINDER: DON’T FORGET TO LABEL YOUR CHILDREN BELONGINS, THANKS.
HALLOWEEN PARTY, THE TODDLERS WOULD LOVE TO CELEBRATE THE HALLOWEEN HOLIDAY WITH CRAFT, COOKING AND DANCING THIS WILL BE HELD ON MONDAY 26TH OCTOBER AND ON FRIDAY THE 30TH OCTOBER. WE PICKED THESE TWO DAYS TO ACCOMMODATE THE CLASS. CANT WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE DRESSED UP.