Happy Monday !
This morning the toddlers helped Miss Des’ree set up the yard. Alby chose 4 lawn mowers, Carter enjoyed the bouncy dragons, Remi and Zoe played with the magnets at the table while Chen yi and Judy did laps around the yard on their bikes. A little later on in the morning Sophia- grace, Emilia and Pia danced to the ‘Can- Can’, Miss Marina and Miss Des’ree showed the children how to leap and do pirouettes just like the ballerinas on tv. As the children slowly arrived to kindy they enjoyed showing off their costumes!
- Alby was bob the builder
- Jude was baby shark
- Pia was a hungry caterpillar
- Remi and Zoe were unicorns
Thank you all for dressing up as your favourite book character!
(LO1, LO2 & LO3: Our morning play is child initiated. The children have a strong sense of wellbeing and take ownership in their play experiences. The toddlers enjoyed being ballerinas and practiced different movements)
Group time was lead by Miss Marina who started off with our routine:
- The days of the week: Jude said “its Monday!”. Miss Marina invited some friends to take the days off the board and encouraged them to pick colours. Michael found all the yellow days. Pia located the pink day. Bowie found the brown day and Sophia took down the blue days.
- Next, we observed the weather, Finn, Michael and Emmy said “its cloudy, windy and no sun!” their observation was inspired and brought out a big discussion on last nights storm. Finn said “ he storm very loud! And mummy closed the windows and door” Emmy said “I don’t like storms”, Remi said “it’s a big sound”. Miss Marina explained to the children that lightening “is the light you see and Thunder is the sound from the lightening”. We then listened to some storm sounds and the children were sure it was the same storm from last night!
To finish up the group time Miss Marina explained the activities for the day and transitioned the children to an activity of their choice.
(LO5: group time is child and teacher initiated. The toddlers enjoy being involved in group times. The toddlers can articulate their experiences, thoughts and opinions eloquently)
After our group time the toddlers got involved in some great activities:
- At one table Pia, Emmy, Bowie, Emilia, Shylie, Alby, Carter, Elsa, Pia Remi and Oliver participated in self expression art. We offered the children a variety of material and encouraged them to experiment with the different colours and items
- At another table Elsa, Shylie, Emmy, Alby, Emilia, Remi and Sophia grace participated in cutting and spelling the word spider.
- The Halloween trough was a great spot for Jude, Chen yi, Carter, Bowie, Zoe, Pia and Emilia to explore they looked through the lentils and chick peas and found spiders hiding with ghosts and measuring tools
when lunch was ready the toddlers helped their teachers pack away and got ready for lunch.
In the afternoon all the toddlers wished Shylie a Happy 3rd Birthday. We hope you enjoyed your day at kindy celebrating with your friends and educators. The toddlers were thrilled to share the day with you and celebrated with ice creams. Thank you!
(LO4: the toddlers are demonstrating increasing knowledge for their learning and are enthusiastic about extending on their skills)
It’s been a great day at kindy see you all tomorrow .
Miss Des’ree, Miss Dakota, Miss Marina
PARENT INPUT AND EVENTS:
REMINDER: DON’T FORGET TO LABEL YOUR CHILDREN BELONGINS, THANKS.
HALLOWEEN PARTY, THE TODDLERS WOULD LOVE TO CELEBRATE THE HALLOWEEN HOLIDAY WITH CRAFT, COOKING AND DANCING THEY WILL BE HELD ON MONDAY 26TH OCTOBER AND ON FRIDAY THE 30TH OCTOBER. WE PICKED THESE TWO DAYS TO ACCOMMODATE THE CLASS. CANT WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE DRESSED UP.