Happy Tuesday! This morning the toddlers enjoyed the space in the yard. We put out less items today to encourage the children to run around and play on the bikes. Michael, Adam, Sadie and Chen yi played with big duplo blocks on the veranda, they connected the blocks together to make a bridge and balanced on the narrow obstacle. Levi, Shylie and Elsa rode around the yard with the bikes and practiced using their gross motor skills. Connor, Remi, Zoe, Carter and Rafi explored the sandpit toys and enjoyed using trucks to transport the sand from one side of the sandpit to the other.
(LO1, LO2 & LO3: Our morning play is child initiated. The children have a strong sense of wellbeing and take ownership in their play experiences. The children love creating their own obstacles and extend on their physical development. Well done!)
After our big morning play the children came inside for art therapy. Miss Veronica and Miss Mackenzie started the group time with an intentional story that taught the children to examine grief and loss. The story Miss Veronica used was called ‘Life times’ it educated the children on life cycles such as plants, animals etc. Miss Veronica finished up the group time with a small meditation that focused on flower renewal.
Later on in the day Miss Marina did a group time that touched upon our routine:
- The days of the week
- Weather observation
- Aboriginal acknowledgment
(LO5: group time is child and teacher initiated. The toddlers enjoy being involved in group times. The toddlers can articulate their experiences, thoughts and opinions eloquently)
For activity time we had a sensory day!
- At the tables we had blue rice. Emilia, Shylie, Carter, Jude, Michael, Pia and Maddie explored. Miss Des’ree added soft picture items for the toddlers to match up.
- Miss Dakota brought our the shaving foam with the paintbrushes. Adam, Sadie, Zoe and Alby explored the fluffly testure of the foam with their hands and the brush.
- In our Halloween tray is filled with spiders, chick peas, Halloween pictures, pots and pans for the toddlers to get creative with. Maddie, Levi, Jude, Connor, Emilia and Elsa enjoyed pouring the mixtures into different Halloween pots.
- At another table Miss Marina offered heuristic items such as rolling pins, wooden hammers, paddle pops, silicone cupcake holders and planks of wood for the toddlers to explore. Carter, Rafi, Pia, Chen yi, Michael and Levi enjoyed this exploration and were very engaged with the soft dough.
Over all it has been a busy but happy activity time. See you all tomorrow and have a wonderful night
(LO4: the toddlers are demonstrating increasing knowledge for their learning. The toddler learn best with hands on activities. Sensory experiences build nerve connections within the developing brain’s neural pathways.)
It’s been a great day at kindy, have a nice weekend.
Miss Des’ree, Miss Dakota, Miss Marina
PARENT INPUT AND EVENTS:
REMINDER: DON’T FORGET TO LABEL YOUR CHILDREN BELONGINS, THANKS.
HALLOWEEN PARTY, THE TODDLERS WOULD LOVE TO CELEBRATE THE HALLOWEEN HOLIDAY WITH CRAFT, COOKING AND DANCING THEY WILL BE HELD ON MONDAY 26TH OCTOBER AND ON FRIDAY THE 30TH OCTOBER. WE PICKED THESE TWO DAYS TO ACCOMMODATE THE CLASS. CANT WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE DRESSED UP.