Jingeri Families and Friends we hope that all our friends each enjoyed your Monday with lots of changed brought in this week please read the following:
Due to the situation taking place in Greater Brisbane, Logan, Ipswich, Moreton Bay and Byron Bay Farm and Byron Bay Beach Hotel and the new restrictions on the Gold Coast we have had to:
- Cancel our Easter Celebrations with our families. The children will still get a visit from the Easter Bunny!
- We will return to foyer collection & drop-off, commencing at pick-up time today with Benowa Early Learning Centre having Educators running between rooms and the foyer – no families to enter rooms or yards please
- Please contact us immediately if you or your immediate family / children have visited the ‘reported locations’, This includes any of the GOLD COAST ones
- We have just been advised that ANY staff member who has been into the greater Brisbane Area of either Moreton, Redlands, Ipswich, Brisbane or Logan since 20 March is NOT ALLOWED on site till after Easter.
- Furthermore, any child or parent/carer that has been to Greater Brisbane since the 20 March is also not allowed to attend the centre till after the Easter long weekend. EVEN IF YOU ARE AN ESSENTIAL WORKER YOUR CHILD/REN ARE REQUIRED TO STAY HOME.
- Please ensure you have read the NEW GOLD COAST LOCATIONS and you are taken the correct steps in getting tested.
To let all our Kindy One families, know, due to knew dates Miss Shannen is now not allowed on site until after Easter. If you have any questions, please see Miss Kate.
Welcome to our blog for Wednesday 31st March, here is a little snippet on our day… When we all arrived this morning, some friends were still playing downstairs- they found this exciting. Mr Pete had taken some toys downstairs to keep them busy. When Miss Manuela arrived at 8, we packed up the toys and proceeded to play outside.
We then headed inside to start our day and daily program with Miss Kate on the mat, we welcomed and greeted all our friends and teachers, said our Acknowledgement of the country. Friends chose Kaia’s song Sweet Caroline all our friends loved it!
Once we had finished our group time, we all transitioned by clapping each other’s names to the bathroom to wash our hands ready for morning tea we had a yummy custard fruit bowl! After we then joined Miss Kate back on the group time mat for our Affirmations – our friends looked in the mirror with I am…. Strong, Beautiful, Enough, Kind, A great friend, brave, thankful, BIG, loved, confident, healthy, super and WE ARE GOING TO HAVE THE BEST DAY!
Today we relaxed in the affirmation area where Audrey, Emily, Jasmine and Anthony relaxed, reading books and exploring the affirmation sensory bottles. The cloud cafe where Amelia, Lucia, Toby and Fynlee roleplayed in the café. Fynlee ordered, “cheese pizza please”. Zara and Sophia were hard at work constructing the road, when it was completed they raced cars around the track.
Kaia, Luke and Murray were building tall towers using blocks. They tried to see who could build the tallest tower.
Rosie, Aaron and Leon used the big wooden trucks to take the horse and its box for a road trip!
Macy, Jordie, Termeh and Toranj used the coloured pencils, they chose their to design their own egg, create a donut and practise “d” writing or free hand drew.
After discussing what we are grateful for we enjoyed our delicious lunch and then rested our bodies and minds with some music and books. We then drew in our journals today we chose to draw what we are most excited for.
Just a friendly reminder that our Easter in the park is cancelled but we are kindly asking is everyone can please donate a gift to our Easter Hamper as we will still be raffling it tomorrow. This afternoon Miss Kate decided we needed to have some fun as the Party had been cancelled- we had an Easter egg hunt with Kindy 2 friends and egg and spoon race! We then danced the afternoon away!
Thank you everyone for your understanding.
See you all tomorrow
Miss Kate, Mr Pete and Miss Arenta
We will also be closed this Friday the 2nd and 5th of April for the Easter break. We hope that all our friends and families all have a wonderful break, Stay Safe.